Cluster Insight with Powersim Software
– One of the biggest challenges at the moment is to get hold of experienced employees so that we can continue to deliver new functionalities in accordance with our customers’ needs in the future, says CEO Tone Haveland.
Cluster Insight offers a glimpse into the daily operations of GCE Ocean Technology partners and members through a series of six questions.
This week, we had the pleasure of interviewing Tone Haveland of Powersim Software, a company specializing in forecasting and analysis tools for complex dynamic issues.”
1. What is your role in Powersim Software?
I am CEO of Powersim Software, as well as co-founder and co-owner.
2. Your primary focus at work right now is?
My primary focus is to finalize an essential contract for Powersim Software. My goal is to sign the contract before the end of the first quarter. This contract will significantly impact the company for the years to come.
I am also working on a new vertical to our pForecast application which is an off-the-shelf product for production forecasting within the oil and gas industry.
We aim to build on the experience from this industry to take part in the offshore wind adventure.
3. Biggest challenges and opportunities for Powersim Software in the future?
One of the biggest challenges at the moment is to get hold of experienced employees so that we can continue to deliver new functionalities in accordance with our customers’ needs in the future.
4. Best part of being member in a cluster?
As a member of GCE Ocean Technology, we can meet with interesting companies and participate in many intriguing conferences where we meet companies with a common goal and where we can be part of a larger community, opening doors to many new and exciting opportunities.
5. Your business/life motto?
To give our customers value on their investment and to do my best to contribute to a greener future.
6. Which cluster member should we interview next?
Thank you for the insight Tone.